Friday, March 28, 2008

Cannes, Sundance... And Now Dallas

The AFI Dallas Film Festival begins today, which is extremely exciting to think that a film festival is in my area of the world. Growing up I always thought of film festivals as something like the circus coming to town in the Depression-era Midwest. I imagined an entire city shutting down and every resident piling in to the local theater all day long for a week straight watching movie after movie that starred no-name talent and had a budget the size of my savings account.
I have on my radar about eight movies to see but will probably only get around to three or four of them. My cousin Clint and I were going to see a vampire movie at midnight tonight but he has a family thing to do so we are going to see that Wednesday. My main goal this year is to see at least one movie at the event so I can know I've attended a film festival in my lifetime. It may not be France or the mountains of Utah, but the AFI Dallas Film Festival is something I could really get behind and would love to work for in the future.

No comments: