Monday, June 30, 2008

WALL•E Is Funny, Smart And Sincere

I saw WALL•E Friday night and loved it. It was an innocent enough story that kids will love the robot characters but it had so many more layers.
Besides the obvious "green" issue about saving our planet so we don't need a robot to clean up Earth there were some other adult themes that were dealt with. The writers issued a warning of Corporate America taking over the nation and our democracy becoming a business. Another warning the writers touched upon was how we are taking technology so far to make life easier that people will become lazy blobs.
WALL•E is my fourth favorite Pixar movie but I think it was the smartest movie they have made yet. I will be seeing it again in the theaters and hope it stands up just as well with a second viewing.

My new rankings of the Pixar movies are this:
1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo
4. WALL•E
5. Ratatouille
6. Monsters, Inc.
7. A Bug's Life
8. Toy Story 2
9. Cars

No comments: