Friday, March 04, 2011

Work-related Newsie Item

Some possible good news came my way today.  While speaking with my boss about a friend’s upcoming wedding we veered to the topic of giving me some additional responsibilities regarding our company’s newsletter.  Apparently the human resources department has been too busy to work on the newsletter, titled Factual Rumors, for the past three months.  With my background in journalism and the underwriting department’s quick turnaround cycle creating plenty of spare time for me, it seemed logical to take over the newsletter.
It isn’t finalized yet, but my boss is looking into the idea.  This would be a good springboard for me to continue working in a journalism capacity in case I ever am able to get back in the writing world.  Since my resume has nothing regarding writing, editing, or other journalistic characteristics on it since 2009, this will be a great opportunity for me.  I have gotten a lot more excited about the prospect of writing the company newsletter after thinking about it for a couple of hours.  But again, it is not a done deal.

No comments: