Friday, April 08, 2011

Hello Jack!

Well, it took 13 hours of labor, two full hours of pushing during every contraction, and a vacuum to pull him out, but Jackson Harris Cook is here.  He came into this world at 8:11 p.m. and weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.  His length was 19 1/4 inches.
Hopefully we will be released soon, not because I want to spend father-son time at home or am anxious to see what normal life will be like with our new son.  No, I want out of this hospital because of the fold-out bed.  It is awful.
Joanna did an incredible job and fought through pain and exhaustion to keep pushing.  I was so proud of her.  I even cried when he was finally pulled out.  It wasn't just because of the birth of Jack that I teared up, but I was overjoyed that Joanna was finally done pushing and it was also a complete release of the anxiety and tension I had felt for the day.
So far Jack has been doing well.  He spent most of the night in the nursery, unless he was feeding with Joanna.  I liked that he was there because it gave Joanna a chance to get some rest, which she needed.

4 comments:

Nessa Locke said...

YAY!!!Welcome to the world, Little One. And, Matt, they make those pull-outs for new dads uncomfortable on purpose. All the new moms got together and signed a petition.
Congrats on your new family addition.

janet h said...

congratsss for the little boy! :)

Delete said...

Love your blog :) Come take a look at mine? :) x

Texas Poker Guy said...

a belated congratulations to the three of you, sir!