Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cute Emery Story

A few weekends ago Emery and Jack went to my mom's house to spend some time with their cousins, Colt, Ella, and Carly.  My mom shared a story from that day that was too cute not to share.
 
First there is a bit of character development that needs to be known.  One of my brother's childhood friends has a son named Knox.  Knox knows Colt, Ella, and Carly through Bart's friendship with his dad and Emery and Jack know Knox because he used to go to Jack's daycare, which Emery has spent time at in the past.  Now you are pretty much up to speed on everyone.
 
While eating dinner, the five children were all sitting around the table talking about whatever it is kids talk about these days.  At some point they got to Knox.  Jack's limited vocabulary regulated him to just repeating over and over again that "Knox is my friend."  The other kids were all talking about Knox in some way or another and the conversation was a jumbled mess with voices being spoken over one another.
 
All of a sudden, Emery threw her hands out to the side and said, "Wait a minute!  Wait a minute!  Wait just a minute!  How does everyone here know Knox?"  I'm not sure what answers the other kids gave, but I'm pretty sure Jack replied, "Knox is my friend."  I picture Emery looking something like this when she brought things to an immediate halt.


But you know ... just, being a girl and all.  And not being in the middle of a street.  In fact, now that I am studying this picture, what kind of parent chooses to take photos of their kid standing in the street over actually getting them out of danger?  Whatever,  Survival of the fittest will probably take care of that family sooner or later.

No comments: