Tuesday, May 12, 2015

O Canada!


Tomorrow morning I get on a plane with my friend James as we head to Vancouver to see U2 in concert.  We land in Seattle and will make a two-and-a-half hour drive north into Canada, my first time to visit our neighbors to the north.  We will then spend Thursday and Friday nights watching our favorite band perform the first two shows on its American leg of shows, Innocence & Experience Tour.
 
While this is my first trip to Canada, it will be my eighth and ninth time to see U2 perform live.  I saw the band five times in college traveling around Texas to see them in Houston twice, Dallas twice, and Austin, once in Phoenix while visiting my brother, and another time in Arlington (which was also my first time to be in Cowboys Stadium).  Unfortunately this will not be much of a sight-seeing trip, which I am trying to get my wife to understand since she is sad she doesn't get to go with me, but I have told her that we will go to Canada some time in the future when we can have a relaxing time and not be forced to schedule around a rock concert.
 
I won't have access to a computer, so anything of interest will have to be posted upon my return.  Until then, all you suckers with jobs enjoy the rest of your work week.

No comments: