Thursday, April 14, 2016

Live Long And Prosper

My youngest child is 2 years old and while he doesn't do a lot of talking, he is extremely observant and a copycat of anything he sees.  Despite a fall from such a height as a bar stool in the kitchen being a deterrent for most children his age, because his older siblings eat dinner at the bar Sawyer has made it clear he must do the same.  He also has to help close the gate or take out the trash because he sees his dear old dad doing it.

Another moment of copycatting took place last night that made my geek heart melt with sweetness and nearly burst from joy all at the same time.  Each night I rock Sawyer for a couple of minutes before putting him to bed.  Some nights prior to turning his music on to set the mood for sleep time we will watch a movie preview or two, depending on what is new.  Last night we looked at the trailer for an upcoming documentary about Leonard Nimoy titled For the Love of Spock.  Likely you have never heard of the film, which was funded through Kickstarter, so therefore I have provided an image from the film's trailer above.

As you can see, it is of Nimoy in character as Spock, displaying the Vulcan salute.  This image is at the end of the preview and when the screen went to black I turned to Sawyer to see if he was ready to go to sleep.  What I saw was probably something I will always remember and carry with me into old age dementia.  Sawyer was holding up his right hand, attempting to split his fingers and mimic Spock's salute.  It was absolutely precious.

No comments: