Wednesday, April 19, 2017

(Not) Live (Not) Tweeting 'Legion' Episode 1

While I'm nearly three months late and I don't have a Twitter account, I feel the FX television show Legion deserves a bit of a review, and it needs to be done on an episode-by-episode basis.  So this is my live tweeting version of watching Legion that is neither live nor in tweets.

First off, this show is weird.  And I don't mean weird like with Fargo, another FX series, that characters are quirky and oddball events happen in a 60-minute period.  When I say it is weird, I mean it doesn't completely make sense after a single episode.  But it is also filmed in a weird style.  The pacing and editing is extremely confusing (purposefully so).  Although I've never watched Mr. Robot, I feel like Legion is similar in that it makes you question every second of what you are viewing as to whether it is the main character's imagination or the show's reality.

However, that doesn't mean I don't like it.  Anything that starts with music from the Who and later includes the Rolling Stones is going to be enjoyed. 

I look forward to the remaining seven episodes and will try to have some reflecting thoughts following each episode for these (not) live (not) tweeting posts.

No comments: