Wednesday, September 22, 2021

25 Days of Bond (Day 9)

This one is going to be short because I'm running late on my post and The Man with the Golden Gun is my least favorite in the series. There isn't a ton of points to make about what I like.

1. Definitely not a menacing henchman by any means, but Nick Nack is super fun to watch. The jovial nature of Nick Nack never makes you feel like Bond is in danger when Nick Nack is around, but you cannot help but smile when the character is onscreen.

2. "I mean sir, who would pay a million dollars to have me killed?" "Jealous husbands! Outraged chefs! Humiliated tailors! The list is endless!"

3. I am now aiming precisely at your groin. So speak or forever hold your piece."

4. The 1974 AMC Hornet X performing a corkscrew jump is one of the most incredible stunts in the franchise's history. It was done as a practical effect and is the first computer-modeled stunt in film history, meaning instead of figuring out the logistics of the ramp and how fast the car had to go by doing trial and error crash tests, the filmmakers used computers to model the stunt and figure out the correct angles when building the ramp and the correct speed the car needed to be traveling. We will leave it at that because if I get into the slide whistle sound effect that will ruin my emotional high after seeing that stunt performed.

5. I feel obligated to put something down just to get five great things about this movie, so I will say that the idea of Bond dueling another assassin is great. I don't think the execution is pulled off very well in this, but I like the shot of 007 and Scaramanga standing back to back.

No comments: