Monday, August 24, 2009

Greatest/Abominable Best Picture Oscar Winners According To Me

I've been working to view all the movies that have won the Academy Award for Best Picture and I have only four movies to go. Being that I love lists and I am in the mood, I have ranked my top five favorite and least liked movies that won the highest honor in Hollywood. Although I still have four movies that could creep in to the top five on either side, I will update this if I need to at a later date. However, here they are.

Favorite:
1. The Godfather
2. Casablanca
3. Lawrence of Arabia
4. Gone With the Wind
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Honorable Mention: There are plenty of movies from Braveheart and It Happened One Night to My Fair Lady and The Bridge on the River Kwai that deserve to be among the top five favorite Oscar winners, but a movie that nearly cracked my top five was On the Waterfront.


Midnight Cowboy, Tom Jones, Gigi, The English Patient and Annie Hall
Despised:
1. Midnight Cowboy
2. Tom Jones
3. Gigi
4. The English Patient
5. Annie Hall
Honorable Mention: The Deer Hunter has never excited me like it does some. The only reason it beat out Annie Hall to not be on my top five least favorite Best Picture winners was because the Russian roulette scenes are pretty thrilling. That accolade alone makes it more eventful than the bore-fest that is Annie Hall.

No comments: