Thursday, February 04, 2010

Okay, So Big News

This is a big deal regarding everything in my life that is not important. This does not involve anything regarding my wife, my child, my job status or my slowly degrading health. So don't get too excited and suffer from shortness of breath or anything.
No, this post is in regard to the promotion AMC Theatres is taking part in by showing off the ten Academy Award Best Picture nominees. Two years ago my wife and I took part in the same sort of thing when the Grapevine Mills theater showed the five films nominated, including eventual winner No Country For Old Men. We loved it and wanted to do it every year after that. Unfortunately, we didn't even make it back the following year and then this year I was worried it wouldn't happen because of the rule change that doubled the number of nominees.
Well, they are still going to show the films on Feb. 27 and March 6. The line-up will be announced and I'll know which movies will be shown on what day. I'm hoping to see them all, even the ones I've already seen (which include Avatar, District 9, Inglourious Basterds, and Up).
As soon as the list of films with the specific date is released I'll throw it up here in case I need an easy place to find the listing for my own knowledge.

That was a joke for all my readers out there, which is pretty much me. I can't even convince my wife to read this thing.

No comments: