Monday, January 10, 2011

Thank You Nessa Roo

Since leaving the newspaper in 2009 I haven't done much writing.  Outside of the occasional post on here or on my other blog about poker, my writings have been nonexistent.  I have some ideas that I start an outline on or think up an entire plot in my head, but when it comes time to put those thoughts down on paper I lose steam.
Normally I tell myself that nobody is going to like what I am writing about or it isn't going to be good enough to get published.  However, after reading a fellow blogger's post that revealed an excerpt from a book she had started last summer I decided I shouldn't care what others are going to think about my writings.  I would be writing for myself.  If I were to author a dozen books and none of them got published, then that is okay.  At least I found an outlet for my ideas.  Those ideas don't have to be critiqued and approved by the masses.
Should my children or grandchildren someday read any future books I finish then that would be fine, but I am not going write with the idea of becoming the next J.K. Rowling.  I simply want to express myself in the best way I know how, and that is through writing.

1 comment:

Nessa Locke said...

I had to double-take my blog roll when I glimpsed this title. Did that say "Thank You Nessa Roo?" Indeed, it did! (I have a big smile on my face.)
Please write things. Serious things. Silly Things. ANY things.
(I'll read them.)