Monday, December 31, 2018

It's Been Too Long, But I Cannot Stay

Although I haven't posted anything in several months (and some could argue I haven't posted anything of significance in several years) I really just stopped by to say goodbye to 2018. I don't have much to discuss. The holiday season has been fine. We're hosting some friends for New Year's Eve, which I normally look forward to, but this time it is coming on the heels of spending the afternoon at Six Flags yesterday and my body aches from miles of walking, carrying Sawyer from ride to ride, and getting knocked around on the roller coasters.

It was a Six Flags trip of note because I rode the Batman ride for the first time and Sawyer, my youngest child who turns 5 in two weeks, rode his first ever big roller coaster (illegally). Although he is still a few inches below the allowable line for the Judge Roy Scream, I was able to sneak him on without any questions from the staff and he loved almost every minute of it. That first downslope of the ride had him a little nervous, but once the coaster got in the groove of going up and down he had a blast. Another first was for Jack, who rode the Shockwave for the first time. In fact, he got to ride it two times in a row since I rode with him once and then Joanna swapped in while I stayed with Sawyer.

2018 was a pretty good year with some highs and lows. We saw two new baseball stadiums during our summer trip (Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles). Sawyer broke his leg and was in a cast for six weeks. I moved to a new department at work and am enjoying the stress of learning a different role.

Hopefully once work slows down a bit I will try to post some more. Here is to a happy New Year. Enjoy 2019!

No comments: