Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Fantasy Ending...

But it could have been better.
In both fantasy football leagues I participated in this year, I took home a trophy in each. However, neither was a gold.
The league I put together with my wife and her family, I was in the Super Bowl against my buddy Jim. He crushed me and I finished in second place.
The other league, which was commissioned by my friend and old colleague Tye, resulted in a third place finish. Brett Favre and Percy Harvin outscored Adrian Peterson and Ryan Longwell in last night's Minnesota loss to give me the win. The worst part about that league is had I beaten my opponent last week by leaving in the Dallas defense (as opposed to replacing them with the Chicago defense leading to a loss), I would have outscored the guy who ended up earning the league's championship.
Yet, finishing in third place with a team that was autodrafted and not influenced in any way by me is pretty good. I'll probably be posting some statistics from the trades I made throughout the season in order to have them on record and hopefully learn something from the moves made.

No comments: