Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Reflection On The Dark Knight

I just finished watching The Dark Knight and am pleased at how great of a movie it is. Sure, it has its flaws here and there, but when compared with every other comic book movie so far made, it pales all others in comparison. The action is top-notch. The cast is superb (minus Maggie Gyllenhaal; I never thought I would actually want Katie Holmes back in the role of Rachel Dawes after watching Batman Begins).
One of the subjects of the film is escalation (how Batman has raised the bar for criminals like the Joker), and it is a fitting theme as Christopher Nolan has transformed a kiddie genre of film into an adult drama/action piece that will be the new blueprint for superhero movies to come for many years.
It is hard to believe that nobody who has any interest in film or comic books hasn't seen The Dark Knight, but if you somehow haven't, I highly recommend it. It's not to be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your right on with the whole Maggie Gyllenhaal thing. I actually wasn't sad when she got blown to pieces. I think had it been Rachel Dawes or someone really hot I might have felt a little sad for Batmans loss. When ugly people die its just not that tragic.