Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My LOST Prediction

As the sensational series Lost is wrapping up its final story with the battle between good and evil coming to a head, I wanted to get down on paper what I believe will occur in the end. I truly don't expect this prediction to actually turn out to be correct, but it will be fun to see how close I come. This should go without saying, but the following is going to contain some spoilers. So if you haven't seen up to the episode "Happily Ever After" then don't read on.
Okay. After last night's episode of Hurley becoming a leader on the island and even lying to members of his group in order to get his way, Desmond is taking initiative in the flash-sideways world by getting members of Oceanic 815 to see memories of their lives on the island (despite never really ever being on the island in that particular timeline), and Jacob's ultimate wish to find a replacement among the candidates to watch over the island now that he is gone.
My overall guess as to what the ending is going to be is that the flash-sideways timeline will merge back with the original timeline. The fact that Desmond, Hurley and Libby have had visions of the original timeline makes me believe that is where they belong. I think Jack will become the island's protector as he has fought so hard to not believe in fate or that the island is where he belongs, but his being a man of science is coming to an end and he will ultimately be the man of faith who makes sure that the smoke monster cannot leave the island like Jacob did before. The rest of the Oceanic 815 group and friends will leave the island after stopping the smoke monster's plans.
As to why Desmond hit Locke in the flash-sideways timeline from last night, I think it was to get him in the hospital where Jack will perform surgery on him, saving his life, which will get their memories kickstarted just like Hurley's did when he kissed Libby.
I also think that smoke monster can take the form of people who die on the island such as Christian Shepherd (Jack's dad) and send people on tasks that they think are for the greater good. Take for example when John Locke went in Jacob's cabin but the ash circle had been broken and Christian was inside to tell him he needed to bring back the Oceanic Six and he would have to die to do it. I believe that was smoke monster getting Locke to do what he needed in order to then take his form later.
With that belief, I think Michael showed up last night to get Hurley to do what he did so the plane wouldn't be blown up and to get the rest of the people smoke monster needed in order to leave the island.
We will see how I do on these predictions as the final episodes play out. I will update as each week passes with how close I am coming to being accurate or way wrong (which will likely end of the latter).

No comments: