Friday, May 20, 2011

What To Do? What To Do?

I'm freaking out over what my last movie will be before the rapture hits tomorrow at 6 p.m. Central Standard Time.  My wife and I are planning to go to a movie in the early part of the day, so I have to figure out whether my final cinema-going experience will be remembered as following Jack Sparrow's swashbuckling adventures in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean picture or fulfilling my geek need with the comic book movie Thor.
But to be honest, it is the movie that I will be watching as the flames and earthquakes erupt to take me up to heaven.  Should I be a good Christian person and partake in a family-friendly Pixar or Disney film like Toy Story or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs or should it be something I respect as a movie aficionado like The Godfather or Citizen Kane?  Of course, an entry in the James Bond franchise would certainly be suitable.  I just don't know.
I do have John Huston's gritty crime film noir The Asphalt Jungle on my DVR.  That would certainly be an acceptable bow out film.  I have about 24 hours to figure this out.  Maybe I will make a list of the final experience I want to savor when I check out of this crazy, doomed world.

No comments: