Monday, December 12, 2011

A Joyous And Grinchy Weekend

This past weekend was both a blessing and a bummer as I received a Christmas gift early from my mom but then the Dallas Cowboys game resulted in a loss to division rival New York Giants.
The present I was given was a new bicycle.  I told my mom last summer Joanna and I wanted bikes for the holidays to ride around our neighborhood and get in better shape.  As good as her word, my mom delivered.  Joanna and I both went out Friday night and Saturday morning to find our new bikes at local Wal-Mart and Target stores.  We both selected Schwinns, Joanna's being a one-speed ladies comfort ride and mine a hybrid with 21 gears.
I have already ridden the new gift twice, despite chilly weather.  My legs woke me up with a burning sensation Sunday morning after my first ride, which lasted only 15 minutes due to my heart wanting to explode from the pressure I had put it under during the excercise.  This morning my legs felt much better, which is probably because my ride on Sunday was only a quick five-minute ride down the street due to the cold weather early yesterday morning.
I hope to ride my bike every day once the weather warms up, but during the winter I will try to get in a session of excercise on my new bicycle a few times a week.  I still have some accessories to add like a water bottle holder and we need to buy helmets (yes, we rode without helmets this weekend), a bike rack to transport the bikes when we go camping or want to ride them at a park that is far away, and a bike carrier for Jackson to travel in.
So far, this Christmas is going great.

No comments: