Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Now I've Had The Tour Of My Life

No, I never felt this way before.  Yes I swear it's the truth, and I owe it all to you.
That's goes out to my buddy Brad (in the most heterosexual way possible) for taking my wife and me on a tour of the Ballpark in Arlington where the Texas Rangers play home games.  We saw all sorts of things you just don't get to see during the season as a normal fan, such as the media room, press conference room, batting cages, basement tunnels where the players and umpires enter and exit the field, player's parking lot, weight room (although we couldn't go in for legal reasons), Rangers Hall of Fame, and plenty more.  We even got to go out on the field and sit in the Rangers dugout.  Doing the "Wash" exactly where the manager sits during games was a dream come true.
Our nine-month-old son Jackson joined us on the tour, and while he will never remember the event there were some great photos of him around the stadium that should make a bag this coming Christmas that he will get the chance to look over for all time.
I really appreciate the experience and a special shout out goes to Brad for taking time on his day off (which he gets few of) to lead us around the ballpark (and for carrying Jackson half the time while Brad's sister Brandy, Joanna, and I wandered the hallways staring at all the great things there were to see).

No comments: