Thursday, September 09, 2004

I'm An Addict

As of yesterday, I decided to clean out the system and get off of Dr. Pepper for a week. I try doing this every so often. Usually it doesn't make it past three days. However, this time I am sticking to my plan. I can beat Dr. Pepper. I can kick the habit.
Yet, I am noticing small side-effects to my state of mind since I got off the hard stuff. I have become more grumpy than usually. I've had a headache and this morning I woke up with a sore throat. This could all be attributed to something else, yet it makes me think without Dr. Pepper, Matt gets angry. Should I break down and go back to the juice or stick to it and fight through the hard times? I hear the first 48 hours are the worst. If I can just make it through the next day I should be okay. We will see. I will let you know how I come out of this.
What I do know is the first sip of a Dr. Pepper on Wednesday will be the sweetest thing I have ever tasted.

No comments: