Thursday, September 16, 2004

I'm Back Baby!

It's official. I now work for the man again. Last Monday I started a three day subbing gig at Williams Elementary in Arlington. My first day was very overwhelming but it was because I had no time to prepare. The second and third days were great. I had everything ready to go and I had gone over the lesson plan in my head the day before.
Except for making one kid named Treyvon cry, I think I did a pretty good job. I am upset to be under the man's thumb again, but I am happy to be a part of society again. If I have learned anything in the last three days, it is this: show respect to those who deserve it, display obedience and ask permission to do certain activities.
I showed my newfound outlook at my home group last night. When my leader asked someone to read, I would raise my hand to get permission to do so. Brandy, a friend of mine who stayed in the singles home group even though she and Danny recently got married, was utterly speechless when she saw how behaved I was being. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.
I can't wait to get another sub job and mold the children's mind, head and brain. It was a great honor to be their teacher.

No comments: