Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Addison Already Causing Conflict

The baby was born at 8 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. I got the 20 inches right. It was delivered at 5:36 p.m. and family began going back by 6:04 p.m. However, others were seeing this kid at 5:45 p.m.
What kind of a world do we live in where a woman who has no blood relation to the child is allowed to view the baby and stay in the room the entire evening before the grandfather, aunt or second cousin? Okay, I'll admit the second cousin is stretching it, but we're a really close family.The first people to see Addison Courtney Mangrem, outside of Mommy and Daddy, were the grandmothers. Alright, that's legit. Then we move down the list to... let's see who's next. Aunt, yeah, and woman of no relation who is a friend of the parents and rubbed the mother's feet during the pregnancy. What? How did she make the cut?
Shouldn't Pop go back next? What about Tia? She was the first one at the hospital that morning. Okay, fine. We'll let one of the aunts, not Kristyn though, and a no name have the room for a few minutes. A couple minutes pass and Kristyn, my mom and I are still complaining about how we got bumped. A few more minutes pass. Finally we tell Larry, a.k.a. Pop, to go back there. He's wearing a button that says grandparent for goodness sake. He then comes and gets my mom, who is Tia.
After that things starting descending at a normal rate. However, one person is still in the room, the foot rubber. When they only allow a certain number of people in the room at a time, shouldn't certain people have the common decency to leave after they have been in there long enough?
It didn't bother me that I was last on the family list to see this new kid, but I should be before non-family members. I at least deserve that, don't I? It's the principle of the thing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so close to ACM right? Um I believe she was 8 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches. And um she was born at 5:17 pm.

Matt said...

No maam. Everybody Loves Raymond had just started and the over/under set by Larry and myself was thirty minutes. Check your local listings and you will see that I am right.

Anonymous said...

The moms might have come out during Everybody Loves Raymond but her exact time of birth was about ten-fifteen minutes before that.

Anonymous said...

either way the footrubber is a bitch, and sadly, i'm not at all shocked that mark and julie would allow that to happen.

Anonymous said...

Not to add fuel to the flame but seriously!!! I was there between 9:30 and !0:00 PM and she was still there!!! You wouldn't believe the crap she was doing. It was like Julie had no control over anything the "Foot Rubber" was conducting everything and answering all the questions. That lady needs to get her own grandchildren. Who the hell let her in in the first place... how annoying.

Matt said...

Seriously!

Anonymous said...

No offense to any of you, but dang. The key is that Julie asked her to be in there. She was only doing what she thought Julie would want. I agree she should have let others come in once she had gotten done taking pictures but I don't think calling her names is worthy of what she did.

Anonymous said...

I say someone needs to kick the footrubber right square in the teeth. Totally unexusable. I hope someday when she has her own grandchildren, someone leaves her in the waiting room. However, I bet she is the kind of person to ignore hospital policy, stiff-arm a nurse or two and disobey unimportant things like maximum people in hospital rooms.

Furthermore, as someone who has a child, there is no bigger pain in the butt than someone who wears out there welcome in the hospital room. It's not like the mother needs a little rest or anything.