Saturday, August 26, 2006

TOC IV - Game Three

Another solid game sent me another place closer to the championship tonight. I received a third place finish, but Linda, the player who was in third place, got second. However, I did gain some ground on Slope and James. I also passed Mike, since he had to drive out of town tonight and was playing to either win it or be out in less than four hours.
I misplayed a big hand against Wayne when I flopped three of a kind. I knew Wayne had a better kicker than me, but I got stubborn and thought I could get him off of it. I should have shut down after I check-raised Nick on the flop and he smooth called after checking it behind me. I know better than that.
Other than that I played pretty solid. I knocked out slope who held 10-10 to my A-7. Tens are not holding up against me in this TOC. I also doubled up through Mike early when I turned a straight with a flush draw. He was trying to win quickly and I used that to get a lot of his chips. However, that backfired a few times when I held some questionable hands that I couldn't play pre-flop because he was acting extremely aggressive and careless.

Here are the current standings for both tonight and the overall tournament:
Tonight:
1st - Wayne - 0 points
2nd - Linda - 11 points
3rd - Matt - 21 points
4th - Nick - 30 points
5th - Slope - 38 points
6th - Brian - 45 points
7th - Mike II - 51 points
8th - Danny - 56 points
9th - Brooke - 60 points
10th - James - 63 points
Mike Sr. and Hector were both no shows. They should be receiving 12th place finishes and 66 points each, but it isn't finalized yet.

Overall:
1st - Slope - 59 points
2nd - Linda - 73 points
3rd - James - 101 points
4th - Matt - 107 points
5th - Wayne - 110 points
6th - Nick - 120 points
7th - Mike II - 125 points
8th - Brian - 132 points
9th - Brooke - 154 points
10th - Danny - 167 points
11th - Mike I - 177 points
12th - Hector - 194 points

No comments: