Saturday, August 12, 2006

TOC IV - Game Two

I played much better this week. I took my time with each hand and thought out what the best option was before ever acting. Before betting or calling a bet I would calculate what was in the pot to know how much I should bet.
My biggest three mistakes were as follows:
#1: It was five-handed early in the tournament and I had K-9 offsuit one from the button. I raised it up and it folded around to Brooke who was the big blind. She called the raise. The flop came out King high and two spades. She bet $300 when there was about $750 in the pot. I raised it to $1,200. She called. The turn was another spade. She checked and I thought briefly and bet another $1,200. I should have checked here because I felt the spade helped her and slowing down would have been the smart play. The river came with another King and Brooke bet out $2,500. This put $6,000 in the pot. My hand had just increased to three of a kind. I am only beat by a higher kicker, a full house or the flush. Out of frustration, knowing I was beat, I made the call. She had A-3 of spades. Had I checked the turn she would not have bet so much on the river and I could have lost less when I called it down.
#2: I raised with A-10 offsuit and Nick re-raised right behind me. It folded around to me and I went all in. He called with 10-10 and I got lucky with a runner-runner flush that also paired my Ace on the river. It was stupid to move all in pre-flop. Nick had not been playing goofy like he does and I should have known he had a big hand.
#3: The final mistake knocked me out of the tournament in fourth place. I raised with A-2 and Slope called behind me. The flop came Q-J-2. I bet out and he moved all in. Without a moment's hesitation I called. He had a Jack and I didn't improve. I had been patient all night and thought out my plays. This hand I didn't do that and I deserved what I got.

Here are the standings from last night and the overall leader board:
Game Two:
1st - Slope - 0 points
2nd - Linda - 11 points
3rd - Brian - 21 points
4th - Matt - 30 points
5th - James - 38 points
6th - Wayne - 45 points
7th - Danny - 51 points
8th - Brooke - 56 points
9th - Nick - 60 points
10th - Mike II - 63 points
11th - Hector - 65 points
12th - Mike I - 66 points

Overall Standings:
1st - Slope - 21 points
2nd - James - 38 points
3rd - Linda - 62 points
4th - Mike II - 74 points
5th - Matt - 86 points
6th - Brian - 87 points
7th - Nick - 90 points
8th - Brooke - 94 points
9th - Wayne - 110 points
10th - Mike I - 111 points
11th - Danny - 111 points
12th - Hector - 128 points

No comments: