Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fantasy Football Week One Results

I made it through my first week of fantasy football, and quite surprisingly I didn’t completely stink. In a league of nine I am sitting in fourth place.
Eli Manning had a decent game. Two mistakes in the second half cost me some precious points, but hit double digits and scored more than 12 points.
I got some good points from Warrick Dunn, but I would have been better off starting Reggie Bush, since he scored two more points than Dunn. I didn’t start Bush because I wasn’t sure in what capacity he would be used in New Orleans. I have decided to start him along with Larry Johnson. Johnson didn’t get as high of a rating as I thought he would have, but he was just shy of 10 points.
Terrell Owens did a fine job and would have scored better had two plays not been nullified due to offensive penalties, but he still hit 13 points and gave me a good boost. Alge Crumpler had a good night, raking in more than eight points, and Chris Chambers did well considering he didn’t get the ball too much. On one single drive he amassed most of the points he earned, which only equaled a little more than five.
Nate Burleson was a big flop for me, scoring only two points, but it was off of one single reception for 36 yards. I am going to give him another week since Seattle will be playing against Arizona and shouldn’t be in too much trouble.
I had to do a last minute replacement for Mike Vanderjagt after Bill Parcels decided not to take him to Florida. I recruited Nate Kaeding and was very pleased when he took me from sixth place on Sunday to fourth place on Monday after collecting 10 points.
I started out with the New York Giants defense, but after seeing that they were up against Indianapolis I decided to find an alternate. Philadelphia went against Houston and pulled in five more points than I would have received had I used the Giants, but they still only got six-and-a-half points overall. Better than what I would have had, so I can’t complain.
This coming week I have to either dump one of my defenses and find a new one or go with the Giants because Philadelphia and New York are playing each other and I don’t like my choices. If I go for Philadelphia’s defense then I am going against Manning as my quarterback. Tough decisions.
I am hoping to just have another good week and stay in the fray. My goal this year is to not suck, and so far that is working out for me.

No comments: