Friday, September 01, 2006

An Upcoming Poker Tournament

My utter disgust with the World Series of Poker and World Poker Tour pampering the women of poker has led me to stage a coo in the tournament scene. I will be holding "The First Annual Outie Open" this October 14. I might even change the name to "The First Annual October Outie Open." Yeah, that sounds nice. It rolls off the tongue like "Mayor Goldie Wilson." I like the sound of that.
It will be an open tournament to anyone who wishes to play, except women. I'm not gay, just fed up with equality not being quite equal enough. I don't see any "Men's Only" tournaments at the WSOP or WPT.
Sure, I understand what they are trying to do. The men in poker tournaments vastly outnumber the women, but that doesn't mean a single female player is at a disadvantage due to the uneven numbers. It is not like basketball or wrestling where a guy has a clear advantage over a woman because of his size, strength or masculinity.
If women want to be treated fairly then they need to ditch things like ladies events. Wanting to be treated fairly means not holding events that are only for you, unless men do the same thing, such as fraternities and sororities.
If there is a "Men's Only" event, whether it is in golf, basketball, chess or whatever, then by all means there should be a "Women's Only" event. There isn't such a thing in poker, so I stand by my "Outie Open."

No comments: