Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Season Long Inside Joke

My friends have sucked me into the game of fantasy football... and I have to say that my team looks pretty good for somebody who knows very little about the game of football or its fanciful counterpart. I had a lot of help from James, but I must say my first three picks were pretty superb.
I had to use my final pick for a third quarterback due to my backup quarterback having the same bye week as my starter. I also have made an early trade because of scheduling conficts for my wide receivers. The trade is questionable to some, but it needed to be done.
This is what my roster looks like in order of where they were chosen. I had the second pick overall and we used a snake style draft:

1. Larry Johnson - RB
2. Eli Manning - QB
3. Terrell Owens - WR
4. Chris Chambers - WR
5. Warrick Dunn - RB
6. Alge Crumpler - TE
7. Reggie Bush - RB
8. Mike Vanderjagt - K
9. Terry Glenn - WR (This was my original pick and I was very upset to trade him to James for Nate Burleson - WR. However, it had to be done)
10. Ben Roethlisberger - QB (This was a big mistake simply because of his bye week being the same as Mannings)
11. NY Giants Defense
12. Ben Troupe - TE
13. Jerry Porter - WR
14. Aaron Brooks - QB

No comments: