Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Outgoing Address

I write this with only a little more than a day as the reigning TOC Champ. That is not to say I can’t be the champion again. I am currently in second place and there is a decent chance I can pull out another victory.
The past few months as champion have been nice. There were no red carpets rolled out or engaging fans attempting to touch me in order to obtain some luck for their own game, but it was always pleasant to look down at my championship bracelet for inspiration and keep on keeping on when my chip stack was dwindling.
Having my name on the plaque forever is probably the best thing about my championship. Whenever I feed my fish I glance at the plaque and think about the excellent run of cards I had during those eight games. I think about the great plays I made (usually in the form of folding weaker hands, but sometimes cracking another player’s dominating hand) and the horrible beats I took. It reminds me of a happy TOC, unlike the previous event where nothing seemed to go right.
If I pull out another win tomorrow night and take down the championship I will be extremely proud of myself and feel even more confident in my game, which could be either a good or bad thing.
One championship can be a stroke of luck, but two championships must be regarded as something being done right.

No comments: