Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A Mighty Task

Early last year I counted up all of the Academy Awards' Best Picture nominee movies I had seen.  It turned out I had watched 272 movies, out of a possible 475, at least one time.  That equated to 57 percent of all the films nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.
In nearly a year-and-a-half later I have been able to up the percentage to 79, seeing 394 of a possible 494 films.
Among the 100 films I have yet to see, one of those is this year's Best Picture winner The Artist.  It is the only film among the winners I have not seen.  I hope to have seen every nominee by the end of 2013.  That is a lofty goal because at some point I am going to reach the films that are hard to find or not readily available on DVD.  We'll see if I can pull this off.

No comments: