Monday, May 21, 2012

Skyfall Poster & Trailer Released

Beginning last Friday, the teaser poster and trailer for the 23rd James Bond movie Skyfall were released.  My initial reactions to both were boring and pretty fantastic.
The producers and director are going for a classic Bond feel with the latest installment in the franchise.  The poster is highly influenced by this decision with the iconic gunbarrel in the background and Daniel Craig as Bond walking in the middle of the poster.  While the gunbarrel is a classic image of the series, putting it as the main graphic of the poster seems rather obvious and clichéd in my opinion.
As far as the preview goes, it was really intriguing.  It immediately peaked my interest and the visuals seen throughout are of the quality you find in art-house films, not action pictures.  I liked it and if it weren't for my intense desire to not spoil anything from previews I would watch it a hundred times in the next week, but I will refrain and only watch it one or two more times between now and when the next trailer is released later this year.

No comments: