Thursday, July 28, 2005

TOC II Night 2

I faired a bit better this week, but was stilled knocked out on a bogus hand. I had pocket 9s and Chad called my all in with his 2-2. If I'm going to lose let me see the 2 come, not the four hearts (a suit I don't hold).
I made only two major mistakes to my knowledge. One was laying down the best hand that I thought might win, but you can't call an all in with middle pair, four kicker unless you are pretty confident (especially against Clint who might pull a Chris Ferguson and slice your jugular with the 8 of clubs). My other bad call was, again, against Clint who had A-J and raised pre-flop. He raised a significant amount and I knew if an Ace hit on the flop then I would have to hold my wired pair of Queens. Did I fold when an Ace hit on the flop and Clint went all in? No, because I'm a mental defective. Instead, I gave him $2,700 more to play with.
Josh has started off powerfully and doesn't look to give it up anytime soon. James also had a strong finish to keep him low in the standings.
The standings from last night and the overall scores are:
Last night:
1st - Josh - 0 points
2nd - Chad - 4 points
3rd - Matt - 8 points
4th - James - 12 points
5th - Justin - 15 points
6th - Clint - 18 points
7th - Mike - 20 points
8th - Cody - 22 points
9th - Nick - 24 points
10th - Brent - 25 points

Overall:
1st - Josh - 4 points
2nd - James - 12 points
3rd - Chad - 22 points
4th - Matt - 32 points
5th - Brent - 33 points (because of his 3rd place finish he is ahead of Clint)
6th - Clint - 33 points
7th - Cody - 34 points
8th - Justin - 35 points
9th - Mike - 44 points
10th - Nick - 49 points

No comments: