Sunday, December 31, 2006

Beginner's Luck

It's been a long, stressful road but I accomplished my goal: I made the playoffs in fantasy football.
It was my first year to take part and my only hope was to not completely humiliate myself and to make the playoffs. I'm not sure how I did with the humiliation aspect of my goal, but at least I made the final rounds.
We will be drafting again Monday for new players who are on teams that are in the playoffs. My opponents are James, Justin and Linda. I eked out a great week when I needed it against Mike and John Bishop. John was making a spectacular run at the playoffs in the last couple of weeks scoring 90-100 points each week. He almost came from behind to snatch the final playoff spot from Mike and me.
Honestly, I could get blown away in the finals and I will be happy with what has happened. I wanted to show with a little luck and some committed learning a person with little knowledge of both football and fantasy leagues could be a factor. I think I have done that... with a little help from some friends.

No comments: