Friday, December 08, 2006

Due North

For those who haven't yet heard, James and I are taking the skills we have been honing for the last three years with the extra-long tournament and putting it to good use Sunday. A medium size tournament is taking place about three hours north in Oklahoma, about 40 miles south of Oklahoma City. It is a spectacular structure for a $365 tournament and approximately 100 people will be playing. I haven't really thought about the actual tournament much since deciding to play, but now I am starting to think about the drive, the tournament, the possibility of winning $9,000, the possibility of being bounced out really early and having to lower my head in poker shame. It's getting to me.
I will be walking out the door as the lights go down on our skit Sunday at church and jumping in the car to hit the road. And yes, I know how hypocritical it sounds to say I am leaving church to go play poker. Wish me luck and hopefully I will have a happy story for everyone on Monday.

No comments: