Monday, December 04, 2006

Do you believe in Romo-mentum?

It is hard to deny that Tony Romo has not been a big factor in turning around this Dallas team. Before he took the field we were grumbling about how poor of a team we had and Bledsoe was killing us with his refusal to leave the pocket. Of course, a weak offensive line wasn't helping him very much either, but Romo sometimes has to deal with the same pressure Bledsoe did and he is able to scramble away and get a throw off. Too bad if the throw is to T.O. Owens there is a better than good chance he is going to drop the thing.
The Cowboys had a big day yesterday against the New York Football Giants and I am glad to see that our kicking game has given us some hope. That first wide right miss by Gramatica harkened back to the days of Vanderjagt - you know, a whole week ago.
Since the Cowboys had a good week, I of course had to have a bad week in the realm of fantasy football. A dismal failure on my selection process led to a 35-point finish, which my optimal lineup would have fetched 117 points. Quite a difference. I am not going to say that I am completely out of the playoffs yet, but its not too far fetched of an idea if I can't turn things around next week.

1 comment:

james said...

finally, a substitute for "romosexual." nice.