Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Poker Entry No. 2

October 2, 2004
Players: 13
Entry Fee: $10
Rebuys: N/A
Place: 5
Winnings: $0

This game was at Mike Steed's house. I enjoyed playing with them and had a good time. There were a couple of incredibly stupid people, however we will keep names to ourselves. I only made two mistakes at this game. One was an incredibly stupid mistake. We will start with the second and more crushing mistake.
Second mistake: Two hands before my exit I had very little money and tried bluffing at someone who was a call station. I'm not really sure what I was thinking. I had limped in to see the flop with A-6 offsuit. I didn't hit anything and we both checked it on the flop. I decided to try and win the pot on the turn and he called my bet. I only had $14 left, with blinds being $4-8. I decided to fold when he bet on the river and I went all in two hands later when I was the big blind.
Lesson #1: I shouldn't have bluffed the guy. I knew he would call me.
First mistake: My first mistake was a miscalculated judgment. I had K-J suited and raised $8 when blinds were $1-2. Mike went all in for another $9.50. I didn't want to call and I should have folded it, but I already put $10 in the pot and didn't want to see it go away so easily. In addition, I was the chip leader at our table and could lose another $9 without it being terribly hard hitting.
Lesson #2: I shouldn't have raised so much and I could have gotten away from the hand easier.

No comments: