Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Principles And Principals Update

Back in May I made a special stop at my old elementary school and noticed I had a very unique piece of memorabilia taken away from me. After discussing the situation with administration, I was given permission to replace the specific article with a new one that would be homemade. Well, the time has come.
I believe Chad and I will be breaking ground tonight. We built the formation for my handprint block and layed the cement on Sunday. Other than a shallow "A" in MATT, it looks great. We plan on traveling to the school tonight and digging the hole to plant the cement. If all goes well, I will have my legacy back by tomorrow morning.
If you haven't heard about this story, please go under the May 2004 link to the right and find the title Principles and Principals. It is a funny story and will bring you up to speed about where we are today. Also let me assure everyone I don't necessarily feel that a block of cement is this important. It's that I wasn't told I would no longer be remembered at the school that bothers me so. No letter, no call, no fax to my office (oh, wait). What's up with that? Couldn't I at least get a heads up before I took my little cousin to brag about my legacy.
Oh well, I have been compensated fully and am grateful to the Arlington Independent School District for being extremely understanding and thoughtful, and for giving me a job as a substitute. Thank you AISD!

No comments: