Saturday, March 26, 2005

Is That A Knock I Hear?

For the past few days I have been doing some work for a guy named Greg. He is the owner of Uplink Communications. He asked me at Beach Reach if I would be interested in doing some work with him during a conference this week. I eagerly, but cooly, said yes.The conference was Congreso. Sounds Mexican doesn't it? Well, it is. It is a conference for Latin American (politically correct version of Mexican) youth and college kids.I was put to the task of videoing random stuff of the kids arriving from their homes, sitting in their seminars and participating in Mission Arlington work at local apartments. I really enjoyed going to the apartment complexes and meeting with administrative personnel who were in charge of the work. I felt like an actual member of the press with my all access pass around my neck and video camera in hand.Friday night was set up as both a church service and a concert. The band who played was Salvador. They are big on the radio for the song How Far is Heaven. I'm not sure which it is. They were pretty good except only about three songs were played in English. The rest of the set was in Espanol. Mateo no habla Espanol, so I didn't understand much of the music. However, I could tell they were having a rocking time.The footage I shot over the past three days was shown today. It was okay stuff. Greg did a good job of editing it all together. My shots were a little long, but I think he was happy overall with the material. He didn't like one part of the video but it was all his footage so I didn't feel too bad about that.Hopefully this is an opportunity for me to get into a more than part-time job. I really enjoyed the stuff I did and I want to learn more about it. I just pray that Greg will use me in the future.

No comments: