Friday, April 29, 2005

A Brief Update

I will make this fast because I have some errands to run and packing of all sorts to do.
Wednesday I went to Ennis to finalize where I would be living and to fill out an application for a P. O. Box. I don't have a mailbox in my apartment, so I will have to go to the post office everyday. Luckily, the post office is around the corner from my apartment. With my mail being around the corner and my office next door, the only time I'll have to leave will be to interview someone or pick up reports from the police stations.
While I was in town I stopped by the Daily News and met everyone. I got the full tour of the place and even opened up an old drawer where they used to keep the bodies. Keep in mind, I am working in the old city morgue. After meeting the staff at the newspaper I am getting even more excited. They were all so nice and I am sure I will get along with everyone.
Thursday I went back down to Ennis to finalize getting my P. O. Box. It had to be done in person and I wanted to set up my mail immediately. I came back to Arlington and turned in a change of address form. I also set up a date for my electricity to be set up. They will arrive on Wednesday. I found out my car will not be ready until Wednesday also, so this poses a problem of going back to Arlington to pick MobyD up. I'll just have to do it early in the morning and get back to Ennis before 10:00.
Today I am packing and finishing up small details like address changes with credit cards and bank accounts. You never want the account in Belize to not know where you are. Isn't that right Chad?
Well, I need to finish some packing before we pick up the U-Haul to move James' stuff tonight and then my stuff tomorrow. Life is so much more interesting when you have stuff to do during the day. I have forgotten how fulfilling it is to accomplish things throughout the day.

No comments: