Thursday, April 21, 2005

Countdown To Ennis

I will be updating my personal movements over the next few days to show what it takes to get prepared in moving to a new city for a job. Today was the first day of preparation.
It began with a drive down to Ennis. I went to a few apartment complexes. I found two I liked and am setting up a meeting to look at another next week. Between the two apartments I saw, I have a choice between a more expensive but nicer/newer two bedroom and a less expensive but roomier one bedroom. However, if I like the one I haven't seen I will probably take it because of size, price and location.
I then ate at a place called Wall Restaurant. It was a Chinese place and I didn't really like the General Chicken. Of course, I haven't liked any General Chicken meal since Nacogdoches. No one makes it like Peking. Ask for C13. Say my name. She knows me.
I bought a map of Ennis at the local Wal-mart so I could get myself around the city. It was quite helpful in finding one of the apartment complexes. I am going to like Ennis I think.
I will be camping this weekend, so the Ennis trips will have to continue on Monday. I will be touring the city a little next week and picking a place to live so I can move in next weekend. My goal is to be settled and rested by Saturday. We'll see if that happens.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wall was not your best choice for a first Ennis meal. :-) It's not bad, but not the best. We'll help you find somewhere better on your next trip.

Also, I don't know what complexes are in your finals. But Tye and I both live in Creekside Terrace Apts. and LOVE them. The staff is friendly and maintenence issues are addressed IMMEDIATELY.

E-mail me at laney895@yahoo.com, if you have any questions about the paper, Ennis or apartments. I moved here just a year ago, so I know what it's like to come into this town.

See you soon!

Micah (from EDN)

Anonymous said...

hey man, i see that you put up a link to my blog. that's so sweet of you. do any of your new work buddies play poker? if so, that's cool. and i hear that you conned chad into taking a 50-50 split with you on the winnings last night, all while he had a 3-1 chip lead. now that is impressive. and did hyslop pay everyone off that he made that stupid bet with? what a tool.

see you in ennis soon (cause i'll stop by every time i head to houston - and i guess just to see you, too)

love and peace... or else. sheesh. bono is getting lame. uh oh, i better not say anything bad about him... or else.

Anonymous said...

AHDRA Rucker Performance Lonestar Nationals April 23-24

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday........

it is too bad that you are camping this weekend. Look at what we are missing. An all Harley drag race weekend. Keep me informed on when this is coming back to Ennis.

Anonymous said...

alright, alright, alright.

Anonymous said...

I got my 20 from Hyslop. By the way, if anyone elst wants to make that bet, I will take it anytime!

Anonymous said...

I don't play poker (except on my computer at home because i'm too afraid to play with anyone real), but I have a group of friends who play every few weeks. I'm confident they'd welcome Matt to their circle if he's interested.

Micah

Anonymous said...

If they only play every few weeks, Matt would take them for everything they own. He is pretty good. My advice to your friends...
Don't invite Matt. He is too good. Save your money.

Just a thought.