Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ending On A High Note

Today ends my run as a substitute teacher. While some days were wonderful and filled with experiences I will never forget, others were very commonplace and not worthy of recollection. My record for sending the most students to the office in one day at T. A. Howard will probably never be broken by any sub in my lifetime. I will also cherish the memory of a junior high break up going down during seventh period science. Junior high love is so heart shattering.
My closing assignment is for Melissa, Joanna's sister. She teaches kindergarten at Charlotte Anderson Elementary and I was not looking forward to enduring the six-year-olds for eight hours. However, my outlook changed once I walked in the door and saw their smiling little faces. I began to perk up a bit.
They are in P.E. using up some of their energy right now and I am thoroughly enjoying my break. In just a few hours my run as a substitute teacher will end and I will be moving on to bigger, brighter things. Who knew quiting a part-time job could be so sad? Wait, what am I talking about? I am going to be a journalist. Forget subbing.

No comments: