Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A New Experience For Me

Last night I did something I have never before done. I checked into a hotel all by myself. I'm a big boy. I've stayed in hotels before with friends and relatives, but never alone.
My air conditioning is out in my apartment and I couldn't stay another night in the scorching furnace. I packed up my stuff and headed east. No, I didn't go to Shreveport. I only went about 1.2 miles east, to the Ennis Inn located on I-45. Technically, the Ennis Inn isn't a hotel. It's a motel. The doors lead straight outside. However, this is a moot point. I've survived the Siesta Motel, which means I can stay anywhere in the world now.
I also got to watch cable for the first time in Ennis. I still haven't ordered cable yet for my apartment. I waited so long and now I am going to New York in a few days, I didn't see a point in ordering cable when I wouldn't be here to watch it.
I watched an episode of Sex and the City, part of CSI: Miami, two episodes of The Family Guy, Futurama and the last half of the new HBO series Entourage. Cable is great.
I had fun in the motel room. It was like a slumber party without any friends, but I want my apartment back. Hopefully the fix-it guy will come by today. I need to do laundry tonight and pack for tomorrow and I don't want to do that in the firery pits of Hades.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to go with cable or dish?