Monday, February 05, 2007

Session 10

I would say this was a crushing blow to the poker ego, but it was nothing compared to my trip the next day.
I learned a valuable lesson about my playing ability. When constricted with a 100x the big blind maximum buy-in I should not play the speculative hands like 6-7 and J-9 until I have won some money and can afford to limp in for a miracle flop.
After dipping down and losing some money with those exploratory hands I then lost a big sum with pocket queens, on three different occasions. The worst loss emotionally was when I bet a little less than the size of the pot after raising pre-flop on a 4-4-3 rainbow board and was called by a guy with A-5 of hearts. He turned an ace and we checked it down, because not winning any more money is what you want to do when you are drawing for a low probability suckout.
I received 10-12 pocket pairs and never hit a single set throughout the night. I lost $300 knocking my bankroll down to $2,322. However, this would be the second of three losses in a row. February is not starting well for me.

No comments: