Friday, February 02, 2007

Session 9

I am disappointed to report that my final session in January was a loss of $200.
James and I again were at the same table and he won almost every dollar available, so there wasn’t much left to get for myself. Actually I was up about $130 early on when my pocket aces beat K-Q suited for all of a girls stack. After that though there were slim pickings for the rest of the night.
I reached a point that I couldn’t connect with much when I had good cards and I played bad cards for large raises to offset the bad luck. I should have stopped after about two hours into the night and waited for James to finish his tear of good cards and good play because I didn’t feel well and wasn’t playing to the best of my ability. I still need to work on that aspect of my game.
The hand I went out on happened to be the last hand of the night whether I had won or lost the pot, which I happened to lose. I received A-J of clubs and raised it to $10 in middle position, which was a fifth of my stack since I only had $51 left. I received four callers, two from late position and the two blinds. There was $50 in the pot.
The flop came Q-J-2 with two clubs. It checked to me and I moved my remaining $41 into the middle. I got a caller and we flipped up our hands. He had A-Q taking away some hope. The turn was a queen, which took away more hope. The river was a meaningless card and I went to the cashier’s window where James was cashing in a huge payday.
I surpassed my goal of winning $1,000 for the month. I'll post my January stats later when I have some more time.

No comments: