Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Session 11

The plan was to play for an entire eight hours on Saturday, but I wasn’t lucky enough to make it that long. I started off playing $1-2 no-limit but moved to the $2-5 game after about 30 minutes of play. Big mistake on my part.
I peaked after about another hour at the “big game” at $600. After that I was knocked down to $70 after two big losses.
My first loss came when my A-Q couldn’t shake a guy holding A-J. He rivered a flush on me after flopping top pair. I don’t blame him for calling my bets on the flop and turn, it just sucked to lose the hand when I was betting it very hard to get him off the flush draw. When he did river his flush and I checked to him he decided not to bet and I saved some money there, even though I would have folded to any bet knowing he had me beat.
My second loss was with 5-6 offsuit. I was in a blind and the flop came Q-6-3. I checked and called a bet that was approximately three-fourths the size of the pot. The turn was a five and I checked to the bettor again, wanting to check raise. He bet $50 and I raised him another $75 on top. He thought for a bit and then called. The river was a nine. I bet $150 and he quickly called with Q-9. I was very disappointed that the river brought such a disgusting card.
After being down to $70 I doubled up with A-J offsuit, almost doubled up again with pocket tens and then was busted when I flopped a flush draw with bottom pair. I took my stand and missed when the guy was holding top two pair, which nullified some of my outs.
I lost $500 for the day and that knocked my bankroll down to $1,822, which amounts to a $1,000 loss in less than a week. Yeah, it sucks.

No comments: