Thursday, February 15, 2007

Weekend O' Poker

I am taking the day off from work tomorrow and since I have nothing to do with my weekend, except entertain the children on Sunday, I have decided to travel east and spend the night in Shreveport. Before arriving at my destination though I will be making a pit stop in Nacogdoches in order to take a trip down memory lane.
I will play some frisbee golf at the greatest course in Texas, better known as Pecan Park. In order to cancel out one of the things I am "out" on I will be purchasing some Stephen F. Austin gear. I am out on people who own more clothing from a school they didn't attend than one they did, so this trip should balance me out.
The best part about stopping in Nacogdoches is I will be getting my favorite meal ever, General Sao's Chicken from Peking Restaurant. I haven't had it in so long and am salivating already for the great taste.
Once I have spent enough time in my college town I will then finish my road trip to Shreveport where I plan to play either two or three sessions of poker. One Friday night and either one or two on Saturday. Depends on if my slump continues or not.
I am really excited about the trip and will let you know how it goes. I may even try to beat the record Chad has at Pecan Park for lowest score, but I doubt that happens considering I haven't played frisbee golf in at least eight months.

No comments: