Monday, December 20, 2004

The Change Is Here

The life changing experience I have listed in the ABOUT ME column to the right has come upon me. After certain events occurring over the last few days, I've decided to grow up. It sucks. I know. I'm not terribly excited about it, but it must be done.
During the catch up conversation with Stephanie in Nacogdoches, I realized I am rather pathetic. I have no job, I live with my mother and I have no hope for a real future. I was rather down about the whole realization, but not enough to do anything about it.
Next, I found out the place I was going to move into was being sold to finance the buying of another house. Although it sucks my house is being sold, I wouldn't be quite as mad except of who is screwing me. It is my own family who are making me homeless. However, when I say homeless I really mean I have to stay with my mom longer until James and I figure out what to do.
My cousin is wanting to move into a bigger home and to finance her new shelter my uncle is selling the house I was going to move into. Sucks pretty big, but by itself it's not enough to make me want to change anything about myself.
Yet, when the two single events occur in a time frame of less than five days it makes me realize a change is needed. If I happen to find a job before the house is sold, I could buy it and still move into my house. If I don't find a job in time, I can still find a good job and stop subbing and getting by paycheck to paycheck. It would be nice to start a little nestegg again. I had a respectable account built up before I graduated from dealing drugs to all the fraternities and rich kids of Nacogdoches, but it has dwindled to nothing after gambling and road trips. Just kidding about the dealing drugs part by the way.
So I now have to put some things together and figure out what I want to do. It was a nice run, but all things must come to an end. Things that were important to me before must be lowered on the list of priorities. When I am financially, mentally and emotionally balanced, I will then worry about the other aspects of life. However, until then I ask you to push me to find the perfect job that is waiting for me out there.

No comments: