Sunday, December 12, 2004

Day Four And Five In Europe

Sorry for such a late entry. Our train ride was pretty uneventful. It took half the day and then the rest of the day was filled with finding our way around the city and seeing the quick sites. We hit the big stuff on the fifth day.
We saw the Circus Maximus and Colosseum. I felt like I was in Ben-Hur or Gladiator. It was very cool. When we saw the Golden House of Nero, James morphed into history teacher and told me all about Nero and his barbaric reign. The Pantheon was interesting. Although the ancient architecture of Rome is awe inspiring, it was the treasures of antiquity at the Vatican Museum that interested me most. We also saw the Sistene Chapel.
We will be leaving for Nice tomorrow. Our last day will be there and then we will leave for the states. I have thoroughly enjoyed this fake trip and hope to someday actually attend some of these places and participate in some of these activities.

No comments: