Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Presents

It's Christmas now and I have received some of my presents. I got a few shirts, which at what age do people start to enjoy getting clothes? I got two books from my dad about the history of America (one is on the subject of the Indians). I'm excited to start those. I also got a board game called Scene It, but it is the Turner Classic Movies edition. Joanna gave me the original and now I want to get the 007 edition also.
However, all of these gifts are insignificant to the big one. You know the one. Everyone gets the big one. This year my big one is the Atari flashback console. I am a nostalgic man who loves the games of old. I can now play 20 classic games like Centipede, Breakout and Asteroids. I enjoy games that are simple and basic. Save the princess from Bowser without having to run in a 360 degree rotation while firing from two weapons and strafing with the R5 button. Just let me run, jump and dodge goombas. So now I get to play the classics all over again. But wait, there's more. Added onto my Atari, Santa (I KNOW HIM) gave me Frogger. I love Frogger. It's up there with Tetris and Duck Hunt.
I have had a great Christmas so far and I should get my Best Buy gift cards tomorrow when the Mangrem clan gets together to exchange gifts. I am really excited about this Christmas.

No comments: