Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Week Not Going Well For New Reporter

It only took 12 working days for me to finally show up late. Today I came rushing into work 15 minutes late. By my watch I was only five minutes late, and considering I woke up seven minutes earlier and looked quite presentable I would say I had done pretty well. Of course, it is the business clock that matters, so I was 15 minutes late. I will have to set my home clocks to my work clock.
Yesterday I discovered by creating folders on the server I had locked up the computers and screwed up some stories. Now I'm showing up late. My Battle of the Bands story sucked about as bad as Sidekick Jane's performance Friday night. This week is not going too well for me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and keep your head up. Coming in late is not that big of a deal, and the reason that story sucked is probably becasue the battle of the bands sucked as well. It is probably difficult to write a story on something that was doing its best sucking.....ha ha

Matt said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Micah said...

There will be bad days and good days. You were not that late. Saturday, Sandy had to call and wake me up. Yeah, that didn't go over well. But, it happens.

As for the folders locking. Again, not your fault.

The battle of the bands story. It takes awhile to learn how to cover things like that. You will get it.

Finally, like Clint said, keep your head up. You're going to do really well, Matt. I can tell.

james said...

"My Battle of the Bands story sucked about as bad as Sidekick Jane's performance Friday night."

on the bright side, that sentence is really funny. and at least you didn't fail latin IV and your whole "language needed to graduate" is shot.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a new Dean Martin DVD to relax to, huh i wonder what i am talking about...

Matt said...

Gee, I don't know what you are talking about.

Anonymous said...

No reason to be smart-alecky

Matt said...

I'm not being smart-alecky

ジェフリー said...

Coming into work late in Texas could be worse. Like coming into work late in Tokyo, where lateness is defined by seconds.

I came across your blog by clicking "next blog." Good luck with your reporting.

Matt said...

Thanks Jeffrey.