Friday, November 05, 2004

I'm A New Man

That's right. I have taken one step closer to being a real man. I don't mean man as in turning 13 and Mazel Tov, I'm a man (I'm not Jewish by the way). I mean manhood. Opening beers with your teeth. Fixing the washer with your power tools. Macho macho man.
The degree to which my growth has stemmed is I changed the oil in my car yesterday by myself. I didn't pay Earl or Jose $35 to change it for me while I sat in the cold, odor-repelling stocked, yet still quite smelly, waiting room with the soccer moms and 16-year-olds. I got in the grunge clothes, crawled under my car and used tools to give my car life for another 3,000 miles. Here's to the high life.
I suggest all of society do this. It will only cost you $8 to buy the necessary equipment and another $27 to buy the oil filter and oil, however this oil is enough to get through two-and-a-half changes. So when broken down, it will only cost about $15-20 per oil change instead of $35. That is some big savings when you are poor like me. Well, until the next 3,000 miles I should be clean and oil free.

No comments: